… … …
After a number of studio moves from London to north Devon lugging type and equipment up and down various staircases we have finally settled in rural Somerset. The collection is sited (almost) under one roof. The current studio space has allowed us to develop work, offer workshops and provides regular excuse to indulge in our favourite pastime of letterpress printing. The desire in the not too distant future is to construct a new space which affords larger numbers of visitors to experience and enjoy our collection and encourage others into a world of printing and ink!
With a constant dialogue from other enthusiasts we have been able progress our knowledge, inform our processes and take part in a number of international exhibitions. Social media has helped to unite a broad spectrum of letterpress enthusiasts from across the globe who all celebrate and inform the contemporary emergence of letterpress printing.
Selected exhibitions includes:
- New Impressions – Hamilton Wood Type & Museum – Wisconsin. USA – 2018
- DaDa ist 100 – Gransee – Germany – touring thereafter – 2016 to present
- Absence and Presence – Exeter City Library – Exeter. UK – 2015
- Letter / Word / List – White Space Gallery – SCAT. UK – 2012
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here – Santa Fe. USA – touring thereafter – 2012 to present
- Letterpress of Pray – Fukuoka. Japan – 2011
- Type Impressions – The Danish Museum of Media – Odense. Denmark - 2011
- Type/Script – Chapel Gallery – Liverpool. UK – 2011
- Reverting to Type – The Standpoint Gallery – London. UK – 2010
- Text 2 – Bury Art Gallery and Museum – Manchester. UK – 2009
Approximately 200 cases of wooden type / 150 cases of metal type / miles of furniture / Adana 5X3 / Peerless treadle press / Soldan proof press / ten rollers / five aprons / and a pug called Charlie who has got a taste for paper…
Studio B – Milverton – Somerst